Here in the US we celebrate Mother’s Day on May 11th this year. In the UK it was celebrated in March. Before I started to make cards myself I was always struggling to find cards to send back to the UK for our Mum’s, in fact one year I bought some Mother’s Day cards in May and tucked them away until the following March! It is so much easier now that I make my own cards. So this is ‘ card for this year and one of the projects for my April card class.
I used Stampin’ Ups Flower Shop Stamp set with the Pansy Punch and the Petite Petals Stamp Set with the coordinating punch (both available as a bundle @ 15% off until May 31st!)
The ‘card in a box’ fold is very popular at the moment and is so very easy to make. Once you have the basic card, it can be decorated to suit the occasion, stars, butterflies, cupcakes – the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. I worked thru base card so that it would fit into a regular envelope for mailing.
- Starting with a piece of Sahara Sand 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.
- Score along the 8 1/2 side @ 2″, 4″, 6″ & 8″ (this will then leave a 1/2″ tab for sticking box together
- Score along the short side at 2 1/4″
- Along the 81/2″ side cut up each of the scored lines to meet the 2 1/4″ scored line (this forms the top flaps)
- Cut DSP 2 x 1 7/8 (4 pieces) and 3 x 1 7/8 (3 pieces)
If you would like a detailed ‘recipe’ please comment with your email address, ‘like’ the post and ‘follow’ my blog and I will happily send you a copy 🙂
All the products can be purchased from my on-line store at http://www.cindyscorner.stampinup.net .
If you’d like any of the supplies, to shop, or to get a catalog, please feel free to contact me, and if you’re thinking of joining Stampin’ Up! and my team I’d most definitely like to hear from you.